The Statistics on Sanity

 

The Statistics on Sanity 


“Reality continues to ruin my life.”

― Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

 

“Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.”

― Benjamin Franklin Wade

 

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

― George Carlin

 

“I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.”

― W.C. Fields

 

“I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand!!”

― Charles M. Schulz

 

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

 

“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

 

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

― Lewis Carroll

 

“Be nice to nerds. You may end up working for them. We all could.”

― Charles J. Sykes, Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write or Add

 

“Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"

"Yes," said Harry stiffly.

"Yes, sir."

"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."

The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

 

“Jesus!" Luke exclaimed.

"Actually, it's just me," said Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling.”

― Cassandra Clare

 

“Have you ever noticed how ‘What the hell’ is always the right decision to make?”

― Terry Johnson, Insignificance

 

“Be careful about reading health books. Some fine day you'll die of a misprint.”

― Markus Herz

 

“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

― Lemony Snicket

 

“Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources”

― C.E.M. Joad

 

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

 

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”

― Rita Mae Brown

 

“I don't want to be a man," said Jace. "I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead."

"Well," said Luke, "you're doing a fantastic job.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes

 

“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

 

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

― George V. Higgins, The Friends of Eddie Coyle