Time is a Drug

 

Time is a Drug 

“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

 

“Now, you two – this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've – you've blown up a toilet or –"

"Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."

"Great idea though, thanks, Mum.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

 

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie. (Jace Wayland)”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

 

“Mom. I have something to tell you. I’m undead. Now, I know you may have some preconceived notions about the undead. I know you may not be comfortable with the idea of me being undead. But I’m here to tell you that undead are just like you and me … well, okay. Possibly more like me than you.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes

 

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”

― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

 

“Holey? You have the the whole world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey?”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

 

“Out of the corner of her eye she thought she saw Jace shoot her a look of white rage - but when she glanced at him, he looked as he always did: easy, confident, slightly bored.

"In future, Clarissa," he said, "it might be wise to mention that you already have a man in your bed, to avoid such tedious situations."

"You invited him into bed?" Simon demanded, looking shaken.

"Ridiculous, isn't it?" said Jace. "We would never have all fit."

"I didn't invite him into bed," Clary snapped. "We were just kissing."

"Just kissing?" Jace's tone mocked her with its false hurt. "How swiftly you dismiss our love.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

 

“Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.”

― Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

 

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.”

― George Carlin

 

“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.”

― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

 

“Do your thing and don't care if they like it.”

― Tina Fey, Bossypants

 

“It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own.”

― Arthur Conan Doyle

 

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

― Mark Twain

 

“Don't feel bad, I'm usually about to die.”

― Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth

 

“If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.”

― Mo Willems, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs

 

“Isabelle drifted over, Jace a pace behind her. She was wearing a long black dress with boots and an even longer cutaway coat of soft green velvet, the color of moss. "I can't believe you did it!" she exclaimed. "How did you get Magnus to let Jace leave?"

"Traded him for Alec," Clary said.

Isabelle looked mildly alarmed. "Not permanently?"

"No," said Jace. "Just for a few hours. Unless I don't come back," he added thoughtfully. "In which case, maybe he does get to keep Alec. Think of it as a lease with an option to buy."

Isabelle looked dubious. "Mom and Dad won't be pleased if they find out."

"That you freed a possible criminal by trading away your brother to a warlock who looks like a gay Sonic the Hedgehog and dresses like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?" Simon inquired. "No, probably not.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes

 

“I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

 

“You here to finish me off, Sweetheart?”

― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

 

“Oh well... I'd just been thinking, if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

 

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.”

― Voltaire