Beauty is Only Skin Deep

 

Beauty is Only Skin Deep 

“Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.”

― Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush

 

“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

 

“I love you like a fat kid loves cake!”

― Scott Adams

 

“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.”

― J.R. Ward, Dark Lover

 

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

― George Carlin

 

“Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

 

“The meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

 

“The real story of the Fleece: there were these two children of Zeus, Cadmus and Europa, okay? They were about to get offered up as human sacrifices, when they prayed to Zeus to save them. So Zeus sent this magical flying ram with golden wool, which picked them up in Greece and carried them all the way to Colchis in Asia Minor. Well, actually it carried Cadmus. Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important."

"It was probably important to her.”

― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters

 

“Why were you lurking under our window?"

"Yes - yes, good point, Petunia! What were you doing under our windows, boy?"

"Listening to the news," said Harry in a resigned voice.

His aunt and uncle exchanged looks of outrage.

"Listening to the news! Again?"

"Well, it changes every day, you see," said Harry.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

 

“Some people say, “Never let them see you cry.” I say, if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone.”

― Tina Fey, Bossypants

 

“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”

― Madonna

 

“The capacity for friendship is God's way of apologizing for our families.”

― Jay McInerney, The Last of the Savages

 

“I'm not going to wear a red dress," she said.

"It would look stunning, My Lady," she called.

She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face.”

― Kristin Cashore, Graceling

 

“Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice.”

― Bill Watterson

 

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

 

“From the moment I picked up your book until I put it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.”

― Groucho Marx

 

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

 

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”

― Will Rogers

 

“Of all the trees we could've hit, we had to get one that hits back.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

 

“Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.”

― Dorothy Parker