Quotes on Bible - Your Circumstances do NOT define You

 

Quotes on Bible - Your Circumstances do NOT define You 

“Your circumstances do NOT define you. Expect a GRAND finale.”

― John Paul Warren

 

“If the people of Europe had known as much of astronomy and geology when the bible was introduced among them, as they do now, there never could have been one believer in the doctrine of inspiration. If the writers of the various parts of the bible had known as much about the sciences as is now known by every intelligent man, the book never could have been written. It was produced by ignorance, and has been believed and defended by its author. It has lost power in the proportion that man has gained knowledge. A few years ago, this book was appealed to in the settlement of all scientific questions; but now, even the clergy confess that in such matters, it has ceased to speak with the voice of authority. For the establishment of facts, the word of man is now considered far better than the word of God. In the world of science, Jehovah was superseded by Copernicus, Galileo, and Kepler. All that God told Moses, admitting the entire account to be true, is dust and ashes compared to the discoveries of Descartes, Laplace, and Humboldt. In matters of fact, the bible has ceased to be regarded as a standard. Science has succeeded in breaking the chains of theology. A few years ago, Science endeavored to show that it was not inconsistent with the bible. The tables have been turned, and now, Religion is endeavoring to prove that the bible is not inconsistent with Science. The standard has been changed.”

― Robert G. Ingersoll, Some Mistakes of Moses

 

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not

money, I am become as a sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And

though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries,

and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could

remove mountains, and have not money, I am nothing. And though I

bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to

be burned, and have not money, it profiteth me nothing. Money

suffereth long, and is kind; money envieth not; money vaunteth not

itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave unseemly, seeketh not her

own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in

iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth

all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. . . . And now

abideth faith, hope, money, these three; but the greatest of these

is money.

 

I Corinthians xiii (adapted) ”

― George Orwell, Keep the Aspidistra Flying

 

“Faith UP! Your purpose is GREATER than all your PROBLEMS.”

― John Paul Warren

 

“Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“But then I sigh, with a piece of Scripture

Tell them that God bids us to do evil for good;

And thus I clothe my naked villany

With odd old ends stolen out of Holy Writ;

And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.”

― William Shakespeare, Richard III

 

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“What is required of thee, O man, but to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with thy God.

Micah 6:8”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“Personally, I think the 'Christian family' should be called a Christian fantasy.”

― Ruth Hurmence Green

 

“Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

― Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version

 

“With God, all things are possible.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“The main things are the plain things, and the plain things are the main things.”

― Alistair Begg

 

“There is a difference between criticizing people and criticizing a people's uninformed ideals. That is, unless one defines himself or others by their ideals, then he is offended, and usually offended secretly. Because oddly enough, this person is the same person quickest to resort to dismissive name-calling, such as 'bigot' or 'zealot'. And oddly enough, he is always the one, the 'open-minded' one, who adamantly protests for, not only himself, but others not to listen to any type of scholarly theological truth inherently for the sake of his own personal, moral beliefs.”

― Criss Jami, Killosophy

 

“Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

Acts 13:38”

 

“The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord builds the city, the guard keeps watch in vain.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

 

Philippians 4:8”

― Anonymous, THE HOLY BIBLE - The Authorized King James Version

 

“After all, when ‘the Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become’ He resolved to ‘wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created – and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground – for I regret that I have made them’ (Genesis 6:7). The Bible thinks it is perfectly all right to destroy all animals as punishment for the crimes of Homo sapiens, as if the existence of giraffes, pelicans and ladybirds has lost all purpose if humans misbehave. The Bible could not imagine a scenario in which God repents having created Homo sapiens, wipes this sinful ape off the face of the earth, and then spends eternity enjoying the antics of ostriches, kangaroos and panda bears.”

― Yuval Noah Harari, Homo Deus: A History of Tomorrow

 

“It turns out happiness does come in relationship with the right guy.

I found my Prince Charming in Jesus, my very own freedom fighter, supernatural life coach, and Prince of Peace. He comes through every time, saves me because He can’t not. That’s His nature. And I’ve peeked ahead to the end of the story. The Bible says He’s coming back to get us, riding on a white horse; no wonder that makes my heart skip a beat. ”

― Elizabeth Bristol, Mary Me: One Woman’s Incredible Adventure with God

 

“Whenever I speak to a group, I always ask, “God, what is it You want me to say?”

Over and over, and as if for the first time, He says, “Make sure . . .”

I lean in, curious, totally forgetting the last twenty times. “Make sure of what?”

“Make sure you tell them,” He pauses for effect, “that I love them.” ”

― Elizabeth Bristol, Mary Me: One Woman’s Incredible Adventure with God