Quotes on Bible - Jesus did many other Things as well

 

Quotes on Bible - Jesus did many other Things as well 

“Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.”

― Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version

 

“But when perfections comes, the imperfect disappears

1st Corinthians”

― Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version

 

“But for this book we could not know right from wrong.”

― Abraham Lincoln

 

“Grace will follow us even when we are going the wrong way”

― Ricky Maye, An Emerging Spirituality

 

“To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“And when the Lamb opened the seventh seal, silence coverd the sky”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“He can heal me. I believe He will. I believe I'm going to be an old surely Baptist preacher. And even if He doesn't...that's the thing: I've read Philippians 1. I know what Paul says. I'm here let's work, if I go home? That's better. I understand that.”

― Matt Chandler

 

“Gentle Jesus, meek and mild' is a snivelling modern invention, with no warrant in the gospels.”

― George Bernard Shaw

 

“The mind that becomes soiled in youth can never again be washed clean. I know this by my own experience, & to this day I cherish an unappeased bitterness against the unfaithful guardians of my young life, who not only permitted but compelled me to read an unexpurgated Bible through before I was 15 years old. None can do that and ever draw a clean sweet breath again on this side of the grave.”

― Mark Twain

 

“The word morality, if we met it in the Bible, would surprise us as much as the word telephone or motor car.”

― George Bernard Shaw, Fanny's First Play

 

“My interpretation can only be as inerrant as I am, and that's good to keep in mind.”

― Rachel Held Evans, Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions

 

“I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from The Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.”

― Abraham Lincoln

 

“Will God ever ask you to do something you are not able to do? The answer is yes--all the time! It must be that way, for God's glory and kingdom. If we function according to our ability alone, we get the glory; if we function according to the power of the Spirit within us, God gets the glory. He wants to reveal Himself to a watching world.”

― Henry Blackaby, Experiencing the Spirit: The Power of Pentecost Every Day

 

“Is not the gospel its own sign and wonder? Is not this a miracle of miracles, that 'God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish'? Surely that precious word, 'Whosoever will, let him come and take the water of life freely' and that solemn promise, 'Him that cometh unto Me, I will in no wise cast out,' are better than signs and wonders! A truthful Saviour ought to be believed. He is truth itself. Why will you ask proof of the veracity of One who cannot lie?”

― Charles Spurgeon

 

“Down through the years, I turned to the Bible and found in it all that I needed”

― Ruth Bell Graham

 

“The soul, in its loneliness, hopes only for "salvation." And yet what is the burden of the Bible if not a sense of the mutuality of influence, rising out of an essential unity, among soul and body and community and world? These are all the works of God, and it is therefore the work of virtue to make or restore harmony among them. The world is certainly thought of as a place of spiritual trial, but it is also the confluence of soul and body, word and flesh, where thoughts must become deeds, where goodness must be enacted. This is the great meeting place, the narrow passage where spirit and flesh, word and world, pass into each other. The Bible's aim, as I read it, is not the freeing of the spirit from the world. It is the handbook of their interaction. It says that they cannot be divided; that their mutuality, their unity, is inescapable; that they are not reconciled in division, but in harmony. What else can be meant by the resurrection of the body? The body should be "filled with light," perfected in understanding. And so everywhere there is the sense of consequence, fear and desire, grief and joy. What is desirable is repeatedly defined in the tensions of the sense of consequence.”

― Wendell Berry, The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays

 

“There has never been a meaningful life built on easy street.”

― John Paul warren

 

“many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised”

― Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version

 

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement

give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow

Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may

glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“I must admit, that I have learned more from my negative experiences than I have ever learned from my positive one.”

― John Paul Warren