Quotes on Bible - The LORD is My Shepherd

 

Quotes on Bible - The LORD is My Shepherd 

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

[Psalms 23]”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“When I think of all the harm [the Bible] has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it.”

― Oscar Wilde

 

“No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.”

― George Bernard Shaw

 

“Out of 100 men, one will read the Bible, the other 99 will read the Christian.”

― D.L. Moody

 

“In the heartfelt mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will visit us, to shine on those sitting in darkness, in the shadow of death, to guide our feet to the way of peace.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“Oh Jerusalem, the city of sorrow

A big tear wandering in the eye

Who will halt the aggression?

On you, the pearl of religions?

Who will wash your bloody walls?

Who will safeguard the Bible?

Who will rescue the Quran?

Who will save Christ,

From those who have killed Christ?

Who will save man?

― Nizar Qabbani

 

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“I had a professor one time... He said, 'Class, you will forget almost everything I will teach you in here, so please remember this: that God spoke to Balaam through his ass, and He has been speaking through asses ever since. So, if God should choose to speak through you, you need not think too highly of yourself. And, if on meeting someone, right away you recognize what they are, listen to them anyway'.”

― Rich Mullins

 

“Biblical orthodoxy without compassion is surely the ugliest thing in the world.”

― Francis Schaeffer

 

“Take all that you can of this book upon reason, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a happier man. (When a skeptic expressed surprise to see him reading a Bible)”

― Abraham Lincoln

 

“Your Heavenly Father’s love elevates you to a place where you can dream big dreams— where you can live with purpose, unafraid.”

― Gregory Dickow, Soul Cure: How to Heal Your Pain and Discover Your Purpose

 

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

― Anonymous, Life Application Study Bible: NIV

 

“I studied every page of this book, and I didn't find enough love to fill a salt shaker. God is not love in the Bible; God is vengeance, from Alpha to Omega.”

― Ruth Hurmence Green

 

“If you really want to be a rebel get a job, cut your grass, read your bible, and shut up. Because no one is doing that.”

― Mark Driscoll

 

“The Bible just said ‘Thou shalt not kill’, then told hundreds of stories of people killing each other and becoming heroes, like David with Goliath.”

― John Marsden, Tomorrow, When the War Began

 

“On the whole, we're a murderous race. According to Genesis, it took as few as four people to make the planet too crowded to stand, and the first murder was a fratricide. Genesis says that in a fit of jealous rage, the very first child born to mortal parents, Cain, snapped and popped the first metaphorical cap in another human being. The attack was a bloody, brutal, violent, reprehensible killing. Cain's brother Abel probably never saw it coming. As I opened the door to my apartment, I was filled with a sense of empathic sympathy and intuitive understanding. For freaking Cain.”

― Jim Butcher, Dead Beat

 

“What you focus on and the way you think will determine the way you live.”

― Gregory Dickow, Soul Cure: How to Heal Your Pain and Discover Your Purpose

 

“In me is working a power stronger than every other power. The life that is in me is a thousand times bigger than I am outside.”

― Smith Wigglesworth

 

“Being able to hear the voice of my Lord fosters trust that gives me the power to stand toe-to-toe against any opponent and speak God’s truth into reality, calling His Kingdom to come into my situation.”

― Ami Loper, Constant Companion: Your Practical Path to Real Interaction with God

 

“It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand.”

― Mark Twain