Life Quotes (How Much I Missed)

 

Life Quotes

(How Much I Missed) 

“How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.”

― Paulo Coelho, Brida

 

“Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.”

― Stephen King, The Green Mile

 

“To perceive is to suffer.”

― Aristotle

 

“However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.”

― Henry David Thoreau, Walden

 

“The strongest people find the courage and caring to help others, even if they are going through their own storm.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

“Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.”

― Paulo Coelho

 

“People," Geralt turned his head, "like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.”

― Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

 

“Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out.”

― Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality

 

“Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence.

Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance.

Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.

Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.”

― Yoko Ono

 

“Do not wait for the last judgment. It comes every day.”

― Albert Camus

 

“It’s never an insult to be called what somebody thinks is a bad name. It just shows you how poor that person is, it doesn’t hurt you.”

― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

 

“The surest way to make your dreams come true is to live them.”

― Roy T. Bennett

 

“There are ships sailing to many ports, but not a single one goes where life is not painful.”

― Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

 

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

 

“I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible.”

― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

 

“I know that the whole point—the only point—is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to let them go.”

― Lauren Oliver, Delirium

 

“I'm not in search of sanctity, sacredness, purity; these things are found after this life, not in this life; but in this life I search to be completely human: to feel, to give, to take, to laugh, to get lost, to be found, to dance, to love and to lust, to be so human.”

― C. JoyBell C.

 

“My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.”

― Johnny Depp

 

“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”

― Elbert Hubbard

 

“If you aim to be something you are not, you will always fail. Aim to be you. Aim to look and act and think like you. Aim to be the truest version of you. Embrace that you-ness. Endorse it. Love it. Work hard at it. And don't give a second thought when people mock it or ridicule it. Most gossip is envy in disguise.”

― Matt Haig, The Midnight Library