Faith Quotes - My Soul is in the Sky

 

Faith Quotes

My Soul is in the Sky 

“I believe in intuitions and inspirations...I sometimes FEEL that I am right. I do not KNOW that I am.”

― Albert Einstein

 

“My soul is in the sky.”

― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

 

“Faith is universal. Our specific methods for understanding it are arbitrary. Some of us pray to Jesus, some of us go to Mecca, some of us study subatomic particles. In the end we are all just searching for truth, that which is greater than ourselves.”

― Dan Brown, Angels & Demons

 

“Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.”

― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass

 

“Yes, I understand why things had to happen this way. I understand his reason for causing me pain. But mere understanding does not chase away the hurt. It does not call upon the sun when dark clouds have loomed over me. Let the rain come then if it must come! And let it wash away the dust that hurt my eyes!”

― Jocelyn Soriano, Mend My Broken Heart

 

“You were made by God and for God and until you understand that, life will never make sense.”

― Rick Warren

 

“Faith ― acceptance of which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.”

― Dan Brown, The da Vinci Code

 

“Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.”

― Beatrix Potter

 

“About once or twice every month I engage in public debates with those whose pressing need it is to woo and to win the approval of supernatural beings. Very often, when I give my view that there is no supernatural dimension, and certainly not one that is only or especially available to the faithful, and that the natural world is wonderful enough—and even miraculous enough if you insist—I attract pitying looks and anxious questions. How, in that case, I am asked, do I find meaning and purpose in life? How does a mere and gross materialist, with no expectation of a life to come, decide what, if anything, is worth caring about?

 

Depending on my mood, I sometimes but not always refrain from pointing out what a breathtakingly insulting and patronizing question this is. (It is on a par with the equally subtle inquiry: Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity—so the answer to the first question falls into two parts. A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless' except if the person living it is also an existentialist and elects to call it so. It could be that all existence is a pointless joke, but it is not in fact possible to live one's everyday life as if this were so. Whereas if one sought to define meaninglessness and futility, the idea that a human life should be expended in the guilty, fearful, self-obsessed propitiation of supernatural nonentities… but there, there. Enough.”

― Christopher Hitchens, Hitch 22: A Memoir

 

“Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”

― Criss Jami, Killosophy

 

“There will always be someone willing to hurt you, put you down, gossip about you, belittle your accomplishments and judge your soul. It is a fact that we all must face. However, if you realize that God is a best friend that stands beside you when others cast stones you will never be afraid, never feel worthless and never feel alone.”

― Shannon Alder

 

“You can't know, you can only believe - or not.”

― C.S. Lewis

 

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”

― St. Thomas Aquinas

 

“The chief beauty about time

is that you cannot waste it in advance.

The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you,

as perfect, as unspoiled,

as if you had never wasted or misapplied

a single moment in all your life.

You can turn over a new leaf every hour

if you choose.”

― Arnold Bennett

 

“God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one”

― Rumi, The Essential Rumi

 

“there is a God, there always has been. I see him here, in the eyes of the people in this [hospital] corridor of desperation. This is the real house of God, this is where those who have lost God will find Him... there is a God, there has to be, and now I will pray, I will pray that He will forgive that I have neglected Him all of these years, forgive that I have betrayed, lied, and sinned with impunity only to turn to Him now in my hour of need. I pray that He is as merciful, benevolent, and gracious as His book says He is.”

― Khaled Hosseini

 

“Prejudice, a dirty word, and faith, a clean one, have something in common: they both begin where reason ends.”

― Harper Lee, Go Set a Watchman

 

“No. Don't give up hope just yet. It's the last thing to go. When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.”

― Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four

 

“I know of no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too desirous of evidence in support of their core beliefs.”

― Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation

 

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt.”

― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values