I Love You

 

I Love You

1

“What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.”

― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

 

2

“Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.”

― Gillian Anderson

 

3

“If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go.”

― Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

 

4

“All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

 

5

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

 

6

“True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning.”

― Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

 

7

“Declarations of love amuse me. Especially when unrequited.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

 

8

“I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.”

― Nicholas Sparks

 

9

“A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”

― Max Lucado

 

10

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood like a hundred golden urns pouring out of the sun.”

― Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles

 

11

“Do you think I'm pretty?

I think you're beautiful

Beautiful?

You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.”

― Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

 

12

“What's this?" he demanded, looking from Clary to his companions, as if they might know what she was doing there.

"It's a girl," Jace said,recovering his composure. "Surely you've seen girls before, Alec. Your sister Isabelle is one.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

 

13

“Find what you love and let it kill you.”

― Charles Bukowski

 

14

“I was smiling yesterday,I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.”

― Santosh Kalwar, Quote Me Everyday

 

15

“The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

 

16

“If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.”

― Emily Dickinson

 

17

“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it”

― Lauren Oliver, Delirium

 

18

“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”

― Robert Frost

 

19

“I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

 

20

“Name one hero who was happy."

I considered. Heracles went mad and killed his family; Theseus lost his bride and father; Jason's children and new wife were murdered by his old; Bellerophon killed the Chimera but was crippled by the fall from Pegasus' back.

"You can't." He was sitting up now, leaning forward.

"I can't."

"I know. They never let you be famous AND happy." He lifted an eyebrow. "I'll tell you a secret."

"Tell me." I loved it when he was like this.

"I'm going to be the first." He took my palm and held it to his. "Swear it."

"Why me?"

"Because you're the reason. Swear it."

"I swear it," I said, lost in the high color of his cheeks, the flame in his eyes.

"I swear it," he echoed.

We sat like that a moment, hands touching. He grinned.

"I feel like I could eat the world raw.”

― Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles