I DON'T CARE!

 

I DON'T CARE! 

1

“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.”

― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

 

2

“I DON'T CARE!" Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"

"You do care," said Dumbledore. He had not flinched or made a single move to stop Harry demolishing his office. His expression was calm, almost detached. "You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

 

3

“There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.”

― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

 

4

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

― Søren Kierkegaard

 

5

“Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

6

“If you're reading this...

Congratulations, you're alive.

If that's not something to smile about,

then I don't know what is.”

― Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head

 

7

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

― Stephen King

 

8

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”

― George Bernard Shaw

 

9

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

― John Lennon

 

10

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

 

11

“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.”

― Walt Disney Company, Mulan

 

12

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

― John Greenleaf Whittier, Maud Muller

 

13

“Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

14

“The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.”

― Abigail Van Buren

 

15

“The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters.”

― Audrey Hepburn

 

16

“People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.”

― Lemony Snicket, The Grim Grotto

 

17

“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

18

“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

19

“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”

― Albert Camus

 

20

“I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.”

― maya angelou