Quotes about FAMILY - Show me a family of Readers

 

Quotes about FAMILY - Show me a family of Readers 

“My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.”

― Rick Riordan

 

“I may not always be with you

But when we're far apart

Remember you will be with me

Right inside my heart”

― Marc Wambolt, Poems from the Heart

 

“Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.”

― Napoleon Bonaparte

 

“You must remember, family is often born of blood, but it doesn't depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.”

― Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society

 

“If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.”

― George Bernard Shaw, Immaturity

 

“I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family.”

― Jim Butcher, Proven Guilty

 

“Hermes gazed up at the stars. 'My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it. It doesn't matter if they hate you, or embarrass you, or simply don't appreciate your genius for inventing the Internet--”

― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters

 

“Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”

― Ann Brashares, Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood

 

“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”

― Robin Hobb, Fool's Fate

 

“Friends are the family you choose (~ Nin/Ithilnin, Elven rogue).”

― Jess C Scott, The Other Side of Life

 

“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”

― Richard Bach, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

 

“When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.”

― Erma Bombeck

 

“There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”

― Shannon L. Alder

 

“Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark.”

― Pierce Brown, Golden Son

 

“Together in our house, in the firelight, we are the world made small.”

― Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution

 

“Abe held my gaze a bit longer and then broke into an easy smile. ʺOf course, of course. This is a family gathering. A celebration. And look: hereʹs our newest member.ʺ

Dimitri had joined us and wore black and white like my mother and me. He stood beside me, conspicuously not touching. ʺMr. Mazur,ʺ he said formally, nodding a greeting to both of them. ʺGuardian Hathaway.ʺ

Dimitri was seven years older than me, but right then, facing my parents, he looked like he was sixteen and about to pick me up for a date.

ʺAh, Belikov,ʺ said Abe, shaking Dimitriʹs hand. ʺIʹd been hoping weʹd run into each other. Iʹd really like to get to know you better. Maybe we can set aside some time to talk, learn more about life, love, et cetera. Do you like to hunt? You seem like a hunting man. Thatʹs what we should do sometime. I know a great spot in the woods. Far, far away. We could make a day of it. Iʹve certainly got a lot of questions Iʹd like to ask you. A lot of things Iʹd like to tell you too.ʺ

I shot a panicked look at my mother, silently begging her to stop this. Abe had spent a good deal of time talking to Adrian when we dated, explaining in vivid and gruesome detail exactly how Abe expected his daughter to be treated. I did not want Abe taking Dimitri off alone into the wilderness, especially if firearms were involved.

ʺActually,ʺ said my mom casually. ʺIʹd like to come along. I also have a number of questionsespecially about when you two were back at St. Vladimirʹs.ʺ

ʺDonʹt you guys have somewhere to be?ʺ I asked hastily. ʺWeʹre about to start.ʺ

That, at least, was true. Nearly everyone was in formation, and the crowd was quieting. ʺOf course,ʺ said Abe. To my astonishment, he brushed a kiss over my forehead before stepping away. ʺIʹm glad youʹre back.ʺ Then, with a wink, he said to Dimitri:

ʺLooking forward to our chat.ʺ

ʺRun,ʺ I said when they were gone. ʺIf you slip out now, maybe they wonʹt notice. Go back to Siberia."

"Actually," said Dimitri, "I'm pretty sure Abe would notice. Don't worry, Roza. I'm not afraid. I'll take whatever heat they give me over being with you. It's worth it.”

― Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice

 

“How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fred as they dug into a sumptuous pudding.

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley.

Everyone looked up at him.

"Why?" said Percy curiously.

"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them-"

"-for Humongous Bighead," said Fred.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

 

“That sounds terrific, thought Cary, just you, your comatose wife your shell-shocked son, and your daughter who hates your guts. Not to mention that your two kids may be in love with each other. Yeah, that sounds like a perfect family reunion.”

― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones

 

“As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.”

― Kristin Hannah, Summer Island

 

“Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say.”

― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief