Wisdom Quotes - Hide not Your Talents

 

Wisdom Quotes

Hide not Your Talents 

“Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you security and friendship and didn't ask for anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly. Love, truth, beauty, wisdom and consolation against death. Who had said that? Someone else who loved books.”

― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

 

“wisdom comes to us when it can no longer do any good.”

― Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

 

“Hide not your talents, they for use were made,

What's a sundial in the shade?”

― Benjamin Franklin

 

“But magic is neither good nor evil. It is a tool, like a knife. Is a knife evil? Only if the wielder is evil.”

― Rick Riordan, The House of Hades

 

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

― Thomas Szasz

 

“No man is poor who has a Godly mother.”

― Abraham Lincoln

 

“A smart person knows how to talk. A wise person knows when to be silent.”

― Roy T. Bennett

 

“It's not enough to be nice in life. You've got to have nerve.”

― Georgia O'Keeffe

 

“CHORONZON: I am a dire wolf, prey-stalking, lethal prowler.

 

MORPHEUS: I am a hunter, horse-mounted, wolf-stabbing.

 

CHORONZON: I am a horsefly, horse-stinging, hunter-throwing.

 

MORPHEUS: I am a spider, fly-consuming, eight legged.

 

CHORONZON: I am a snake, spider-devouring, posion-toothed.

 

MORPHEUS: I am an ox, snake-crushing, heavy-footed.

 

CHORONZON: I am an anthrax, butcher bacterium, warm-life destroying.

 

MORPHEUS: I am a world, space-floating, life-nurturing.

 

CHORONZON: I am a nova, all-exploding... planet-cremating.

 

MORPHEUS: I am the Universe -- all things encompassing, all life embracing.

 

CHORONZON: I am Anti-Life, the Beast of Judgment. I am the dark at the end of everything. The end of universes, gods, worlds... of everything. Sss. And what will you be then, Dreamlord?

 

MORPHEUS: I am hope.”

― Neil Gaiman, Preludes & Nocturnes

 

“Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.”

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

 

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

 

[I saw hate in a graveyard -- Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005]”

― Stephen Fry

 

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

― Frank Herbert, Dune

 

“Recognizing power in another does not diminish your own.”

― Joss Whedon

 

“I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats.”

― Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

 

“Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it...Don't allow his anger to become your anger.”

― Bohdi Sanders, Warrior Wisdom: Ageless Wisdom for the Modern Warrior

 

“A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.”

― Dhammapada, The Dhammapada: The Sayings of the Buddha

 

“Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.”

― Alfred Lord Tennyson

 

“How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also If I am to be whole.”

― C.G. Jung, Modern Man in Search of a Soul

 

“Sometimes it's not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don't mean.”

― Bob Dylan

 

“Lost Time is never found again.”

― Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack