Time Quotes - The Past is a Ghost

 

Time Quotes

The Past is a Ghost 

“Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.”

― Alice Walker, The Color Purple

 

“The past is a ghost, the future a dream and all we ever have is now.”

― Bill Cosby

 

“August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.”

― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

 

“But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to greet you.”

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

 

“Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time.”

― Benjamin Disraeli

 

“I want to be the best version of myself for anyone who is going to someday walk into my life and need someone to love them beyond reason.”

― Jennifer Elisabeth, Born Ready: Unleash Your Inner Dream Girl

 

“Time that withers you will wither me. We will fall like ripe fruit and roll down the grass together. Dear friend, let me lie beside you watching the clouds until the earth covers us and we are gone.”

― Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body

 

“I confess I do not believe in time. I like to fold my magic carpet, after use, in such a way as to superimpose one part of the pattern upon another. Let visitors trip. And the highest enjoyment of timelessness―in a landscape selected at random―is when I stand among rare butterflies and their food plants. This is ecstasy, and behind the ecstasy is something else, which is hard to explain. It is like a momentary vacuum into which rushes all that I love. A sense of oneness with sun and stone. A thrill of gratitude to whom it may concern―to the contrapuntal genius of human fate or to tender ghosts humoring a lucky mortal.”

― Vladimir Nabokov

 

“Do not wait: the time will never be 'just right'. Start where you stand, and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along.”

― Napoleon Hill

 

“This life therefore is not righteousness, but growth in righteousness, not health, but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it, the process is not yet finished, but it is going on, this is not the end, but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory, but all is being purified.”

― Martin Luther

 

“Eternity is in love with the productions of time.”

― William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

 

“I'd like to get away from earth awhile

And then come back to it and begin over.

May no fate wilfully misunderstand me

And half grant what I wish and snatch me away

Not to return. Earth's the right place for love:

I don't know where it's likely to go better.”

― Robert Frost, Birches

 

“For the Present is the point at which time touches eternity.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

 

“The best things are never arrived at in haste. God is in no hurry; His plans are never rushed.”

― Michael Phillips

 

“Time is a gift, given to you, given to give you the time you need, the time you need to have the time of your life. ”

― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

 

“An infinity of passion can be contained in one minute, like a crowd in a small space.”

― Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

 

“Time is not the great teacher. Experience is. A man may live a whole life, but if he never leaves his home to experience that life, he dies knowing nothing. A mere child who has suffered and lived can be the wiser of the two.”

― Lynsay Sands, Love Bites

 

“When you are measuring life, you are not living it.”

― Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper

 

“Time and I have quarrelled. All hours are midnight now. I had a clock and a watch, but I destroyed them both. I could not bear the way they mocked me.”

― Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell

 

“The writer's curse is that even in solitude, no matter its duration, he never grows lonely or bored.”

― Criss Jami, Killosophy