Time Quotes - I Sit beside the Fire

 

Time Quotes

I Sit beside the Fire 

“They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!”

― Dr. Seuss

 

“I sit beside the fire and think

Of all that I have seen

Of meadow flowers and butterflies

In summers that have been

 

Of yellow leaves and gossamer

In autumns that there were

With morning mist and silver sun

And wind upon my hair

 

I sit beside the fire and think

Of how the world will be

When winter comes without a spring

That I shall ever see

 

For still there are so many things

That I have never seen

In every wood in every spring

There is a different green

 

I sit beside the fire and think

Of people long ago

And people that will see a world

That I shall never know

 

But all the while I sit and think

Of times there were before

I listen for returning feet

And voices at the door”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

 

“Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.”

― Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses

 

“This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”

― Taylor Swift

 

“Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.”

― Haruki Murakami, Dance Dance Dance

 

“Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

 

“Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is like saying, 'I don't want to.”

― Lao Tzu

 

“It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays.”

― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

 

“Time is an illusion.”

― Albert Einstein

 

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”

― William Faulkner, Requiem for a Nun

 

“It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.”

― George Harrison

 

“You may delay, but time will not.”

― Benjamin Franklin

 

“The timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.”

― Khalil Gibran, The Prophet

 

“Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its brevity.”

― Jean de La Bruyère, Les Caractères

 

“Time is a game played beautifully by children.”

― Heraclitus, Fragments

 

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”

― Bill Watterson

 

“Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time.”

― Jorge Luis Borges

 

“It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing.”

― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

 

“My past is everything I failed to be.”

― Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

 

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace