Faith Quotes - I Believe in Evidence

 

Faith Quotes

I Believe in Evidence 

“There lives more faith in honest doubt, believe me, than in half the creeds.”

― Alfred, Lord Tennyson

 

“Don't you believe in flying saucers, they ask me? Don't you believe in telepathy? — in ancient astronauts? — in the Bermuda triangle? — in life after death?

No, I reply. No, no, no, no, and again no.

One person recently, goaded into desperation by the litany of unrelieved negation, burst out "Don't you believe in anything?"

Yes", I said. "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be.”

― Isaac Asimov

 

“To 'choose' dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the Kool-Aid.”

― Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything

 

“Solitude is the soil in which genius is planted, creativity grows, and legends bloom; faith in oneself is the rain that cultivates a hero to endure the storm, and bare the genesis of a new world, a new forest.”

― Mike Norton, White Mountain

 

“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”

― Anonymous, Holy Bible: The New King James Version

 

“Throughout the process, you must show gratitude to those who have helped you get to where you are.”

― Gregory S. Works, Triumph: Life on the Other Side of Trials, Transplants, Transition and Transformation

 

“Faith is the gaze of a soul upon a saving God.”

― A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

 

“We live by faith and not by sight.”

― Anonymous, The Holy Bible: King James Version

 

“Never give up on your friends. Never give up your faith in them. It's when everything is worse than you could ever imagine it could be, that you'll need your friends the most.”

― Graeme Rodaughan, The Dragon's Den

 

“When everything gets answered, it's fake.”

― Sean Penn

 

“Your heart’s strength is measured by how hard it holds on. Your self worth and faith is measured by finally letting go. However, your peace is measured by how long you don’t look back.”

― Shannon L. Alder

 

“In order to share one's true brilliance one initially has to risk looking like a fool: genius is like a wheel that spins so fast, it at first glance appears to be sitting still.”

― Criss Jami, Venus in Arms

 

“Extraordinary afflictions are not always the punishment of extraordinary sins, but sometimes the trial of extraordinary graces.”

― Matthew Henry, Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

 

“Day after day, day after day,

We stuck, nor breath nor motion;

As idle as a painted ship

Upon a painted ocean.”

― Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

 

“A priest once quoted to me the Roman saying that a religion is dead when the priests laugh at each other across the altar. I always laugh at the altar, be it Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist, because real religion is the transformation of anxiety into laughter.”

― Alan Wilson Watts

 

“If you've got the truth you can demonstrate it. Talking doesn't prove it.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

 

“Real change is difficult at the beginning. Without the familiar to rely upon, you may not in as much command as you had once been. When things are not going your way, you will start doubting yourself. Stay positive, keep the faith, and keep moving forward – your breakthrough may be just around the corner.”

― Roy T. Bennett

 

“I marveled at the beauty of all life and savored the power and possibilities of my imagination. In these rare moments, I prayed, I danced, and I analyzed. I saw that life was good and bad, beautiful and ugly. I understood that I had to dwell on the good and beautiful in order to keep my imagination, sensitivity, and gratitude intact. I knew it would not be easy to maintain this perspective. I knew I would often twist and turn, bend and crack a little, but I also knew that…I would never completely break.”

― Maria Nhambu, Africa's Child

 

“Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.”

― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass

 

“I’m in a band. I don’t go to church every Sunday. I love punk rock music. Sometimes I use swear words a lot. I respect and admire gay men and women. I’m obsessed with horror films. I know what shame feels like. And guess what old man? Jesus is still my Savior.”

― Hayley Williams