Quotes on 'Life' - I Could Die for You

 

I Could Die for You 

“You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.”

― Roy T. Bennett

 

“Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life, except in your mind.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

“Stop comparing yourself to other people, just choose to be happy and live your own life.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

“No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention.

Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day.

This is all practice.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

 

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself.”

― Harvey Fierstein

 

“Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.”

― Charles Darwin, The Autobiography of Charles Darwin, 1809–82

 

“Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.”

― Robert Louis Stevenson

 

“I could die for you. But I couldn't, and wouldn't, live for you.”

― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

 

“Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.”

― Bob Marley

 

“You are not rich until you have a rich heart.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

“To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.”

― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

 

“I don't like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and it isn't of much value. Life hasn't revealed its beauty to them. ”

― Boris Pasternak

 

“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”

― Charles Darwin, The Life & Letters of Charles Darwin

 

“There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be...”

― John Lennon

 

“They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!”

― Dr. Seuss

 

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”

― Marie Curie

 

“I am awfully greedy; I want everything from life. I want to be a woman and to be a man, to have many friends and to have loneliness, to work much and write good books, to travel and enjoy myself, to be selfish and to be unselfish… You see, it is difficult to get all which I want. And then when I do not succeed I get mad with anger.”

― Simone de Beauvoir

 

“I sit beside the fire and think

Of all that I have seen

Of meadow flowers and butterflies

In summers that have been

 

Of yellow leaves and gossamer

In autumns that there were

With morning mist and silver sun

And wind upon my hair

 

I sit beside the fire and think

Of how the world will be

When winter comes without a spring

That I shall ever see

 

For still there are so many things

That I have never seen

In every wood in every spring

There is a different green

 

I sit beside the fire and think

Of people long ago

And people that will see a world

That I shall never know

 

But all the while I sit and think

Of times there were before

I listen for returning feet

And voices at the door”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

 

“Even

After

All this time

The Sun never says to the Earth,

 

"You owe me."

 

Look

What happens

With a love like that,

It lights the whole sky.”

― Hafiz