I Have Decided to Stick to Love


I Have Decided to Stick to Love 

1

“The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!”

― Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility

 

2

“I heard what you said. I’m not the silly romantic you think. I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I have those things already. I want…a steady hand. A kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love, and be loved.”

― Shana Abe

 

3

“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever”

― Dave Matthews Band

 

4

“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”

― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

 

5

“I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.”

― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

 

6

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”

― Tom Bodett

 

7

“What's meant to be will always find a way”

― Trisha Yearwood

 

8

“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

 

9

“Hearts are made to be broken.”

― Oscar Wilde, De Profundis

 

10

“Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

 

11

“Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that's beautiful.”

― Milan Kundera

 

12

“This above all: to thine own self be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day,

Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

― William Shakespeare, Hamlet

 

13

“If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.”

― Emily Jane Brontë , Wuthering Heights

 

14

“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”

― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

 

15

“If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.”

― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

 

16

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

― Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

 

17

“The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays

 

18

“No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.”

― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

 

19

“Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.”

― Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version

 

20

“Love is so short, forgetting is so long.”

― Pablo Neruda, Love