I can Never Read All the Books I Want

 

I can Never Read All the Books I Want 

1

“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”

― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

 

2

“Reality continues to ruin my life.”

― Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

 

3

“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

 

4

“Who are you to judge the life I live?

I know I'm not perfect

-and I don't live to be-

but before you start pointing fingers...

make sure you hands are clean!”

― Bob Marley

 

5

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”

― John Green, Looking for Alaska

 

6

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”

― Jess C. Scott, The Intern

 

7

“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

"After all this time?"

"Always," said Snape.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

 

8

“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.”

― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

 

9

“He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much;

Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children;

Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;

Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it;

Who has left the world better than he found it,

Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;

Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had;

Whose life was an inspiration;

Whose memory a benediction.”

― Bessie Anderson Stanley, $10,000 Prize Book HEART THROBS

 

10

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

11

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

 

12

“I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.”

― Jimi Hendrix, The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold as Love

 

13

“But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.”

― Khaled Hosseini

 

14

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

― Mark Twain

 

15

“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.”

― Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

 

16

“The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

 

17

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”

― Isaac Asimov

 

18

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”

― Albert Einstein

 

19

“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”

― Anne Frank, Anne Frank's Tales from the Secret Annex: A Collection of Her Short Stories, Fables, and Lesser-Known Writings

 

20

“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows